Applications are now open for the facebook Developer Circles Community Challenge 2019. The goal of the challenge is to bring together developers from across the globe to build software using React360, Spark AR, or HTML5 Games to give people the power to connect with friends and family, build communities, and also, grow businesses.
Developers are to submit software across one of three categories:
- Productivity and Utility
- Gaming and Entertainment
- Social Good.
- There are over $165,000 USD in prizes for regional and global winners, with the global first place winner walking away with up to $25,000 USD in prizes.
- Open to developers around the world;
- Applicants should be at least eighteen (18) years old. Also, the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence;
- Build (or update) software that falls into any of the three categories and incorporates at least one of the three featured technologies: React360, Spark AR and HTML5 Games
- Quality of the Idea (30%): Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
- Further, Implementation of the Idea (50%): Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and the extent to which the Facebook products were leveraged, and considerations for user privacy.
- Potential Impact (20%): How much impact the product could have in its stated strategy.
- Register for the challenge on Devpost.
- Build software applications that fall into any of the three categories (Gaming & Entertainment, Productivity & Utility, or Social Good) and incorporates at least one of the following Facebook Developer products: React360, Spark AR, and HTML5 Games.
- Likewise, Submit software to your region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, India, Sub Saharan Africa, the Middle East/North Africa, Europe) by selecting your region on the submission form.
- Create a video about two minutes long that demonstrates your solution’s features and functionality. (Videos and also, submission materials must be provided in English for judging. Provide English subtitles or a translation if the content is not in English.)
- Enter your completed submission form before 5 pm ET on September 20, 2019, to be considered in the regional round