Apply for the Facebook Reality Labs Liquid Crystal Research Awards 2020 (Up to $11,000 in prizes). The deadline for the application is 1st July 2020.
Additionally, the aim of the FRL Liquid Crystal Research Awards is to encourage young generations in the Liquid Crystal field and in other cross-disciplinary fields to help unlock the possibilities of LC technology in the AR/VR field.
The awards include:
- One Diamond Award of $5000
- Also, two Platinum Awards of $3500
- Likewise, three Gold Awards of $2500
- Applicants must either be a graduate student currently enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D.program, or a postdoc in an academic research group who graduated within three years from the application date.
- Additionally, applicants must have a proven track record of achieving significant results demonstrated by first-authored publications in leading research journals, or relevant conference presentations organized by ILCS, SID, OSA, SPIE, IEEE, or similar.
- Also, this award is not open to any current Facebook employees, including STE, FTEs, interns, or contingent workers.
To apply for this award, submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV; required): A CV that lists your research projects and publications to help us understand the significance of your research for AR/VR application and the quality of your results.
- Cover letter (required): Also, a cover letter to share with them who you are. Also, your research experience and passion, the connection between your research in liquid crystal and the AR/VR field, and how this award will help you pursue your research goal.
- Prior publications in the AR/VR field (required): Additionally, along with your application, please submit at least one full paper of your prior first-authored publications. It should demonstrate the quality of your work in the intersection area between liquid crystal technology and the AR/VR field.
- Recommendation letter (optional): Furthermore, at least one recommendation letter is preferred, but not required, along with your application. The recommendation letter could come from your professor or your collaborators.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.