The search is on once again for global champions lighting the path for the future of impact investment. The GSG Impact Honors – delivered in partnership with Pioneers Post – are annual awards. Which are for game changers committed to investment that optimizes risk, return and impact to benefit people and the planet.
The awards were by the Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG). Further, which harnesses the energy of governments, agencies, and entrepreneurs across the world to “drive forward the growth of the impact investment market to a tipping point by 2020”.
Now in their third year, the awards will be at the GSG Impact Summit 2019 in Santiago, Chile, which takes place on 18-19 November. GSG will reimburse return travel and accommodation expenses up to an agreed amount for both category winners.
- Winners will be flown to Santiago to the honors from Sir Ronald Cohen, founding Chair of the GSG.
- GSG will reimburse return travel and accommodation expenses up to an agreed amount for both category winners.
- GSG will work with its partner, Pioneers Post, to identify one person or organization. In each of the two categories outlined below, from around the world, who nominates himself/herself or is by any member of the public.
- These honors are available for an individual or an organization.
- Across all the four categories, the jury will look for catalytic action, courageous first movers, scaling of capital and impact, and building critical infrastructure (e.g. new institutions).
With the following criteria in mind, the jury will be looking for real pioneers who’ve left the security of day jobs. Additionally, taking professional and sometimes personal risks to till the ground and move the impact investment sector forward:
- IMPACT ENTREPRENEUR
- The honor will be upon either a profit with purpose company (i.e., a social enterprise). Also, a non-profit social service provider actively using impact investments. With over 2 years operation and USD 1 million in revenues/receipts, which demonstrates a scalable solution which truly innovates in technology, cost or impact, efficiency or effectiveness and sets new impact standards for research and development.
- IMPACT MARKET BUILDER
- The honor will be on a government, policy think-tank or a professional services company. For example, research, consulting, impact measurement, talent management, auditing, etc..A policy think-tank with more than two years in operation, which pushes sectoral thinking or catalyzes our field development efforts.
- Individuals with extraordinary contributions.
- Further, It must demonstrate acceptance by sector players through a few marquee clients from amongst capital providers, entrepreneurs, and intermediaries.