Applications are open for theMicrosoft Windows Insider Women in Computing Award 2019. Microsoft invites applications for the Windows Insider Women in Computing Award 2019. Calling all women majoring in Computer Science: enter to win a trip to the world’s largest gathering of women in” computing! Further, You could join the Grace Hopper Celebration for a week of networking, professional development, and inspiring discussion.
- They will provide a sponsorship that covers registration, airfare, lodging, and meals for up to 14 winners.
- Further, Your trip to the Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando, Florida will be followed by a one-day professional development program hosted by Microsoft and the Windows Insider Program in Orlando.
- To be eligible for the award, join the Windows Insider Program
- The award is open to all women currently in the process of completing a university computer science or related degree program. Entrants must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree-granting institution in order to qualify for the award (first-year college students through post-doc students are eligible).
- Students who have accepted employment offers (2019-2020) at Microsoft are ineligible.
- International students arriving from outside of the U.S. will be responsible for securing their own travel visas.
- Prize recipients MUST be available to attend both the Grace Hopper Celebration conference in Orlando, FL between October 1-4 and the one-day post-conference program on October 5, 2019, in Orlando.
- Award recipients also agree to participate in at least one community event or promotional media campaign for the Windows Insider Program. Award recipients may participate in the above virtually, such as through video conference.
Your application will be on:
- Fit to Contest Theme: They’re looking for compelling stories from high-achieving women who are passionate about computing and their goals.
- Quality of Submission: They will be considering your ability to communicate effectively. Further, including your potential for engaging with senior leaders within Microsoft, as well as members of the media.
- Creativity: They want to see your spark! Consideration for the originality of the submission. (Tip: Entries will be assessed for the quality of the content. Rather than the production of the video itself or how flashy it is. Further, The best submissions clearly communicate the story behind your passion and the impact you would like to make.)