Falling Walls Venture is an international platform showcasing the most promising research-based start-ups from all over the globe. Further, Nominated by renowned universities and leading research institutions. Also, 20 emerging companies pitch their breakthrough business models at a unique event that celebrates the vast entrepreneurial potential in science and fosters the community of scientist-entrepreneurs.
- win a trip to Berlin (7-10 November 2019) to present your start-up in front of a high-level jury of international innovation experts and investors (travel and accommodation stipend included for start-up presenter)
- Also, receive a ticket for the full Falling Walls program and exclusive networking functions
if you become the “Falling Walls Science Start-up of the Year”. Additionally, present your company in front of a high-level audience of 800 decision makers from business, finance, academia, and government at the Falling Walls Conference
- as one of 25 start-ups, get international visibility and media coverage
- obtain personal advice from the jury
- join the Falling Walls network of leaders and luminaries from science and business and make strong connections to successful entrepreneurs, corporate innovation leaders, and investors
- Further, receive pitch coaching and preparation on the presentation
- boost your spin-off and your university’s entrepreneurship initiatives
- Also, get visibility for your university, including a slot on stage to introduce your start-up
- receive a ticket for the full Falling Walls program and exclusive networking functions
- Falling Walls Venture is open to entrepreneurs and scientists whose start-ups are based on scientific research.
- Further, Applications are open to all scientific disciplines.
- Each start-up must be endorsed by a nominating institution. This can be a university or a research institution.
- Further, The company must be founded (incorporated) by the time you apply and cannot be older than 5 years (i.e. founded between 1 January 2014 and the date of application)
- If you have already participated in Falling Walls Venture as a presenter on stage, you cannot apply again.
- Also, Start-ups should at least have a prototype/proof of concept and should already have received some funding.