Apply for the Global SUN Pitch Competition 2020. The deadline for the application is 30th July 2020.
The Global SUN Pitch Competition 2020 brings 21 SMEs from across Africa & Asia together to pitch their nutrition solution for cash prizes.
The Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Pitch Competition, organised by the SUN Business Network, harnesses innovative solutions for improving the availability of affordable and nutritious foods by connecting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in emerging markets with technical assistance and investment opportunities.
- The SUN Business Network will award the following prizes to the overall winner, first and second runners up based on their response to the ‘Rethinking Nutrition Innovations’ theme and the SUN Pitch Competition Eligibility & Selection Criteria.
- 1st Prize: USD$ 20,000
- 2nd Prize: USD$ 10,000
- 3rd Prize: USD$ 7,000
- Additionally, the following cash and technical assistance prizes have been generously contributed by our sponsors.
- GAIN Food Technology Innovation Prize
- GAIN will award a cash prize of USD $ 10,000 to the company that provides the most innovative food solution that is nutritious, affordable, safe, and tasty.
- Likewise, Cargill Innovation to Enable Access to Good Nutrition Prize
- Cargill will award a cash prize of USD $ 10,000 to the company that improves accessibility to healthier foods either through greater market access, innovative reformulation, collaborative partnership, consumer education, or new delivery channels.
- Furthermore, DM “3A Nutrition” Prize
- DSM will award a cash prize of USD $ 10,000 to the company that offers 3A nutrition. DSM is looking for a company that makes delicious nutritious food affordable, widely accessible, and aspirational, and many more.
The SUN Pitch Competition is looking to invite innovative SMEs that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The company is a for-profit company. The company may partner with other organizations, including non-governmental and governmental organizations. However, the lead applicant and implementer of the business concept must be a commercial company/business. Associations and cooperatives are also eligible to apply if they are functioning as businesses.
- Additionally, the company is a legally registered entity in one of the following countries; Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cambodia, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Lao PDR, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam or Zambia. The company must be able to submit proof of registration. The company must have its main operations in the country is it legally registered in.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.