Applications are now open for the Golden Hat International Contest in Belgium (win up to € 5000). A cartoon is a humorous drawing. This may be a caricature of a famous person, a parody of a real situation, or simply a picture of a funny situation. The cartoon may consist of one image or take the form of a short comic strip. No moving images allowed. Participants shall agree to the terms and conditions of the rules and the decisions of the jury. Belgian law governing withholding tax on prizes won by foreign participants applies.
Opportunity Focus Areas
Participants are free to choose the theme of their entries.
- Golden Hat 5.000 €.
- Silver Hat 2.000 €.
- Bronze Hat 1.000 €.
- Audience Award 500 €.
flight and hotel accommodation in Knokke-Heist during the opening (one night)
- All persons over 18 years of age are eligible to participate.
- Maximum 5 submissions per person, black and white or color.
- The cartoons must not contain text.
- Drawings can also be made digitally.
- They must be pack flat and not fold.
- Works under glass, frame or in other materials will not be accept.
- They must not have been exhibited in Belgium or awarded in other countries.
- The sender remains responsible for the originality of his work. Discussions and possible claims concerning all forms of plagiarism are the responsibility of the contributor.
- Digital entries: min. 2480 x 3500 pixels (A4 300dpi). Allowed file types: jpg jpeg eps tif psd pdf.
- The cartoon may consist of one image or take the form of a short comic strip. No moving images allowed.
- Entries may only be by post after the form has been on the website and the form is enclosed with the entry. Dimensions min. 21 x 30 cm or max. 30 x 42 cm.
- The entrant’s name, first name, and address must be written on the back of each.
City of Knokke-Heist / Culture House.
Maxim Willemspad 1, 8300 Knokke-Heist.