Hay YoungBirds Talent Award Asia 2020, HAY YoungBirds is an international competition that promotes a cultural collaboration and the Young Bird Plan for hardworking and creative designers from all around the globe. The competition aims to focus the advancement, engagement and the endorsement of the young and passionate designer who holds capacity to represent the markets of HAY in YoungBirds. This program is to design a single product or portfolio that belongs to Furniture, Lighting, or Accessories; and which mirrors the HAY brand values, including production, architecture, sustainability, and art.
- Entries must belong to one of the following categories: Furniture, Lighting, and Accessories.
- Entry must be a single product or portfolio that belongs to Furniture, Lighting, or Accessories. A cross-category design is not applicable.
- There is no specific limitation on product materials, but environmental protection and sustainability must be considered.
- Entrants must ensure that the submission is original and should own the copyright during the competition.
- This competition is free and open to students who are still enrolled in education or graduated between 2018 and 2019 in Asia-Pacific, with no limitation on major and age.
- A valid Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, India, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and other Asia-Pacific countries or regions) address or certificates of identification, contact information, and education certificate are necessary. Individual entries are not applicable.
- The organizer also encourages the Interdisciplinary teams (three members at most and can’t sign up alone).
- Participants need to provide us with materials for Education Verification (e.g. highest diploma).
- A designer who submits group work cannot do it individually.
- Furthermore, each participant has to register here.
- The submission must mirror the HAY brand values (production, fashion, architecture, sustainability, and art)
- Must meet the needs of target markets in Asia-Pacific；
- The design shall be economic, and aesthetic as well as shall take the materials and process cost into consideration, and it should be capable of manufacturing.
- Furthermore, the design model must have a consideration of environmental protection and sustainability.
- 1st prize: The winner will get 30,000 RMB (pre-tax) and a trip of 3 Days of Design in Denmark
- 2nd prize: The first and second runner up will get 10,000 RMB each (pre-tax) and a trip of 3 Days of Design in Denmark
Furthermore, other remaining 27 candidates up to the rank of 30 will get receive the honor of certificate. In addition to that, all the shortlisted candidates will get a certificate of the finalist.