Nominations are open for the Nigeria Health Watch #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards 2021-2022. The award aims to celebrate exemplary, evidence-based, and accurate reporting of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria.
The #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards will honor journalists who have produced coverage in print/digital, audio, and video formats that report on all dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria.
Winning entries will feature great storytelling that — among other strengths — informs on the current state of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria, particularly funding, empowers audiences to demand more funding for epidemic preparedness, and holds power to account. The judges will recognize work that communicates the many dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria; that highlights and scrutinizes budgeting and funding for epidemic preparedness in Nigeria; that improves community awareness on infectious diseases and defines the roles of citizens in demanding increased funding for epidemic preparedness.
Categories of Health Watch Journalism Awards
The award will be in 3 categories:
- Print/Digital News
Eligibility Required for Health Watch Journalism Awards
- Firstly, Journalistic work published or broadcast from January to November 2021 is eligible.
- Secondly, Journalists across Nigeria are invited to submit entries.
- Thirdly, Published submissions from freelancers are also welcome.
- Print and broadcast journalists are eligible for nomination if they have written an article or produced a radio or television program that meets the following criteria:
- Length of submission
- Written English articles of a minimum of 650 words in length published in print or digital news platform
- Radio/TV show that is 15 minutes or longer
- Print and Digital: Must have written and published 2 or more articles on the topics below.
- Radio and TV: Must have produced 2 or more shows on the topics below
- The nominated article, program, or production should capture the following and must have been published or aired between the period of January 1, 2021, to November 30, 2021:
- Communicate the many dimensions of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria
- Inform on the current state of epidemic preparedness in Nigeria, with a special focus on funding
- Highlight and scrutinize budgeting and funding for epidemic preparedness in Nigeria
- Improve community awareness on infectious diseases, empower citizens to demand more funding for epidemic preparedness, and hold power to account.
Additionally, Each valid nomination must contain the name of the nominee, verifiable details of the published article(s) or program(s), their media affiliation(s), and the contact information (email address and phone number) of the nominee.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.