IIE Victor J. Goldberg Prize for Peace in the Middle East 2024
The goals of the prize are to:
- Advance the cause of peace in the Middle East
- Reward those who are courageous and committed to work to overcome the religious, cultural, ethnic and political issues which divide the region
- Break down barriers of hate towards “the other”
- Recognize innovation
- Inspire others working at the grassroots level, and demonstrate that their efforts are worthy of wider recognition.
Check: 2024- 2025 (Fully Funded) Eisenhower Global Scholar Program
While the organizers recognize those who wish to work together to advance the cause of peace are facing even greater obstacles this year, we believe this work continues to be of utmost importance. Vic Goldberg and the Goldberg Prize selection committee are committed to continuing to award this prize to uplift and support these partnerships to inspire others and provide a beacon of hope. Nominations for the 2024 IIE Goldberg Prize may describe the work that had been conducted prior to the current conflict and should indicate whether the work is ongoing or has been paused, as well as whether activities are being modified to address the current conflict.
Also Check: Avernus Education International Essay Competition 2023/24
Prize for IIE Victor J. Goldberg Prize for Peace in the Middle East 2024
- The two individuals whose work is judged to be most successful in bringing people together and meeting the goals of the Prize share a US$20,000 prize.
- Nominees must be one Israeli Jew and one Arab Muslim working together on a joint project to further peace in the Middle East.
- Nomination may be submitted by the individual themselves or by the third party.
Nominations are now open. Please send any questions or comments to [email protected].