SightandLife calls applications for the Sight and Life Innovation Challenge 2020. Interested students and young professionals can apply until 31st January 2020. The name of the competition is the Elevator Pitch Contest which aims to unleash the creative, sustainable and outstanding ideas from students, young professionals and entrepreneurs to provide a planet-friendly disruptive solution to free the world from malnutrition.
- The organizer is in the search of nutritional and environmental-friendly innovative solutions from a diverse category of products, technologies, and services.
- These solutions could be innovations in products such as supplements, ingredients, livestock feed, packaging, diagnostics.
- Also, services such as the use of mobile technology, delivery platforms, behavior change communication, demand generation tactics, and social business models
Value of prize
- The finalists of the Sight and Life Innovation Challenge will receive a free round trip to Bangkok
- Along with that, the winner will receive a cash prize of $5000.
About Elevator Pitch
- An elevator pitch is a condensed, easy to understand version of a business pitch that is delivered in the time it takes to ride an elevator.
- As innovators, the applicants should be able to give a pitch any time, including during an elevator ride.
- However, boiling down their solutions to a paragraph and, ultimately, to a single, concise statement is often challenging and requires constant practice and feedback
- Moreover, the Contest’s goal is to identify and support projects that can be implemented and produce a meaningful impact in the short term.
- Furthermore, the contest will support projects that can provide climate-smart innovations for better nutrition.
The Elevator Pitch Contest will be held at the Micronutrient Forum Global Conference on March 24, 2020.
- The competition is open to all the students, entrepreneurs and young professionals
- Also, the candidates can submit only one idea per term. The idea must be their own or that of their team.
For additional details, visit the official website.