Applications call for 11th edition of the international Drucker Challenge Essay Contest, on LEADERSHIP AND CRITICAL THINKING.
An essay should offer a point of view on whether the emerging generation of leaders is being sufficiently prepared to exercise the critical thinking required of them. What conditions of the twenty-first century are making this more difficult—or in what ways is critical thinking better supported than in the past?
The prizes for International Drucker Challenge Essay Contest are as follows
- A cash prize of 1.500 EUR (to be handed over at Awards ceremony)
- Free participation and waived registration fee (regular fee +/- € 2,000) for the 12th Global Peter Drucker Forum to be held in Vienna on October 29-30, 2020 at the Imperial Palace (Hofburg) (including conference bag and brochure, buffet lunches, and coffee breaks at the conference venue).
- Invitation to pre-conference events on October 28:
- Invitation to the Gala event on October 29 with a seated dinner and Awards ceremony (with a partner).
- Sightseeing or Museum tour with an experienced guide (upon request).
- Opportunity to win the Special Recognition Award for the most original essay.
- A certificate with ranking on this website plus Drucker Forum newsletter and Forum Community newsletter.
- The essay may be re-published by the university/company with credits given to Peter Drucker Society Europe.
- Invitation to join the exclusive Drucker Challenge Alumni Community on social media networks.
- One-year-all-access subscription to the Harvard Business Review.
- Ranking list and publication of an essay.
- Funding for travel expense.
- The applicant must be 18-35 years old (inclusive of both ages).
- Applicants must have been selected no more than once (or not at all) among the top 10 since 2010
Essay category requirements
Candidates can submit one essay to participate as either a student or a professional (please mention your main occupation in the submission form)
- Applicant must be a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or Ph.D.) or you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your last degree.
Applicants must be a
- manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes
- an entrepreneur or business owner
- licensed professional
- social volunteer or community leader
Register in advance for this meeting