The Jonathan B. Postal Service Award for 2022 is now open for the applicants. The award will be given out to an individual or organization with exceptional and long-term contributions to the Internet community.
- The selected candidate will be rewarded with a USD 20,000 honorarium at a virtual worldwide summit with Internet technology professionals later this year.
- Also, the candidate will receive a signature crystal engraved globe.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The award is based on long-term, significant technical contributions to the community and leadership.
- Also, the nominating committee gives special consideration to applicants who have supported and enabled others in their work.
- Specific acts, contributions, works, and other criteria that show how the nominee has served the internet and its communities must be included.
- In addition, two references on how to support and nominate the nominee are a must.
- The candidate must have created new technologies that have increased the functioning or scope of the internet.
- Contributions include establishing new protocols, technological processes, tools, and gadgets that help the internet grow in strength and utility.
- The candidate must have a significant contribution to the strengthening, protecting, and development of the internet.
- As a result of their efforts, the internet has become more available and accessible in their region and abroad.
- Nominators must fill all sections as completely as possible in the primary tool used to evaluate the nominee’s qualifications.
- The form must be in English.
- 25 March 2022: Nominations open
13 May 2022: Nominations close
23 May – 10 June 2022: Award committee members evaluate nominations and draw up a list of final candidates
13 June – 1 July 2022: Award committee members select the 2022 awardee from shortlisted candidates through a majority vote.
5-11 November 2022: The recipient is announced and presented during the week of the IETF 115.