Applications are open for the JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards 2022. Celebrating its 10th anniversary, Joint Programming Initiative Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans launch a photo and art competition. Which is honoring our marine environment and the scientists working tirelessly to understand it.
Art and photography are vital to closing the emotional gap between society and our marine environment. With the Art & Photo Awards, JPI Oceans wishes to bolster the role of both media in tackling the challenge of communicating about the environment covering most of our planet. Therefore they welcome entries addressing the three interconnected priority areas of JPI Oceans: Ocean Health, Ocean Productivity, and Ocean Stewardship & Governance.
JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards
The competition is organized in two categories: the open competition and the JPI Oceans projects competition.
- For each category, a top three will be selected with the winner being awarded a prize of €1,000.
- The two runner-ups will each be awarded a prize of €500. The competition is open to all forms of photography and art.
- The awarded photos will receive a prominent place in the JPI Oceans office, will be communicated through all JPI Oceans communication media, and used at external events.
- In collaboration with ECO Magazine, winning entries of the Photo and Art awards will be included in the upcoming Spring issue of the magazine. And, will have an extended feature on the ECO website.
Eligibility Required for JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards
- The competition is open to all forms of photography and art.
- For the open competition, anyone is welcome to join with visual artwork. The only requirement is that the art needs to address or reference at least one of the three interconnected priority areas of JPI Oceans: Ocean Health, Ocean Productivity, and Ocean Stewardship & Governance in any way or form.
- For the JPI Oceans project competition, all participants from current or completed JPI Oceans projects are welcomed to enter their artwork. The artwork can depict any of the activities which relate to the JPI Oceans project the participant is or was working on.
The photos will be evaluated by a panel of three jury members based on the following criteria:
- Firstly, Creativity and originality;
- Secondly, Technical quality
- Thirdly, Aesthetics and artistic realization;
- Lastly, Relevance and potential impact
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.