Applicants are now welcome to apply for the Mahathir Science Award 2019 in Malaysia. The Mahathir Science Award (MSA) is established to be Malaysia’s most prestigious international Science Award for tropical sciences, administered by the Mahathir Science Award Foundation (MSAF). Further, It was launched in honor of Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad on 17th August 2004, by the man himself. The winner/laureate will receive USD 100,000.00, a gold medallion, and a certificate.
Moreover, this award is as Malaysia’s most prestigious Science Award for tropical sciences. As such, this extends beyond the boundaries of Malaysia in order to encourage excellence in tropical science that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and indirectly to the global community.
- To promote scientific research in solving tropical problems, international exchange programmes and sharing of knowledge.
- To bestow on scientists, institutions or organizations worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems of the tropics through science also technology; to confer the award to researchers who have made internationally recognized breakthroughs in pioneering. Especially, tropical research and who have contributed cutting edge tropical research that has brought impact on the well-being of society in the fields of Tropical Medicine, Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Architecture and Engineering and Tropical Natural Resources.
- To uplift the stature of the science award to be as one of the prominent international science awards. Also, to oversee the selection process for such a science award.
- Further, to encourage excellence in tropical science research that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and the global community; to contribute towards scientific tropical research that will benefit mankind, promote international exchange programmes, sharing of knowledge, and other business development through scientific activities in connection with the foregoing objectives.
- Tropical Agriculture.
- Tropical Architecture & Engineering.
- Also, Tropical Medicine.
- Tropical Natural Resources.
- One award will be conferred each year covering any of the four fields. Also, the award carries a cash prize of USD 100,000.00, a gold medal and a certificate.
- Significant research & studies contributing to new knowledge in solving problems in tropics.
- Contribution to policy and governance leading to sustainable improvement to quality of life.
- National, regional and international recognition (to consider whether same work nominated has git award previously ).
- Also, H-index or equivalent.
- Demonstrable evidence of significant socio and societal impact.