Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) calls application for Media Monitoring Africa lsu Elihle Awards 2020. The Isu Elihle Awards aims to encourage alternative thinking around reporting on children and to contribute to an environment that enables journalists to expose and highlight issues affecting children in the country and the continent.
The top six journalists selected by the panel of judges will be taken to the final story-writing round of the competition. MMA will provide financial support to enable the journalists to write and complete their stories in the timeline provided. All finalists will be individually responsible and accountable to MMA for their costs. The journalist is also required to provide MMA with invoices and any other supporting documents for all expenditures related to the production of the story. Any irregular expenditure will lead to the finalist being disqualified and being held liable for the amount.
- Overall winner: R25 000
- First runner up: R15 000
- Second runner up: R10 000
- Mandy Rossouw Category: Between R10 000 and R25 000
Rules and Conditions
- The Competition is open to professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa.
- No entry fee is payable. But however, employees and the immediate families of Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The Competition is held in English. Therefore all entries and story ideas should be in English.
- Applicants are strictly limited to a maximum of one entry; however, each media house can have as many applicants as it wishes.
- Entries should be made in accordance with the instructions given on the competition entry form and must be submitted on, or before, 00:00 (CAT) 30 June 2020. After this date, no extensions will be made.
Late, incomplete, illegible, and/or fraudulent entries will be disqualified.
- MMA reserves the right to refuse entries that do not comply with the above rules. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Similarly, a panel of distinguished, independent judges with appropriate knowledge and experience of children and the media will judge the competition. The panel of judges will be determined by MMA in their sole discretion. Children will also be part of the judging panel
- No handwritten applications will be accepted. Moreover, all applications must be completed online using the online form.
- The judges reserve the right to transfer entries for consideration in other categories at their discretion, for instance, the Isu Elihle Mandy Rossouw Accountability Category.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Visit this link for more information