Misk Grand Challenges 2018 in USA
Misk Grand Challenges aims to help young people change the world by empowering them to create fresh, innovative solutions to global challenges facing the next generation. Misk Grand Challenges is a collaboration between the Misk Foundation, a non-profit philanthropic foundation established by HRH Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman to empower young people to succeed in the knowledge economy, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which funds global health and development programs for the world’s poorest people.
Over a three-year period, Misk Grand Challenges plans to launch new challenges every six months, offering 100 young innovators across the world a grant of $100,000 to develop their ingenious ideas into a concrete proof of concept.
The challenges will focus on two themes- Global Citizenship and Education.
- A grant of $100,000
- Alongside funding, winners will be invited to join a network of global change makers by:
- Attending the 2nd annual ‘Goalkeepers’ event in September 2018. Organized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Project Everyone, this event aims to accelerate progress on the Global Goals by bringing together new generations of leaders to tackle extreme poverty and disease.
- Attending the Misk Global Forum, an annual gathering that brings young leaders, creators and thinkers together with established global innovators to explore, experience and experiment with ways to meet the challenges of change.
- Joining a virtual community of Grand Challenges awardees and partners a network of over 2,500 awardees
- Applications from both private and public organizations are accepted
- You must be affiliated with an organization to apply — they are unable to make grants to individuals
- Open to both foreign and domestic organizations, including non-profit organizations, forprofit companies, international organizations, government agencies, and academic institutions
- There is no age requirement. But young people are particularly encouraged to apply
- Proposed solutions should target people under 30US
Deadline: 2nd May 2018