The 2022 Global Contest has turned its lens towards climate justice and is now seeking your submission!
Images of climate champions advocating for change, and those helping to mitigate and reverse climate change are welcome too.
Highlighting the most compelling imagery — illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, compassion, human rights failures, or victories in ways small and large, the images will serve to inspire people to personally get involved as well as take a stand for human rights.
- The 2022 Global Prize Recipient will receive $5,000 USD
- The Global Prize Recipient and Top 10 Finalists will be exhibited at the University of Colorado Boulder’s NEST (Nature, Environment, Science & Technology) Studio for the Arts on Dec. 1, 2022, to help celebrate the opening of the Right Here, Right Now Global Climate Summit hosted by United Nations Human Rights and the University of Colorado Boulder from December 1-4, 2022
- The Global Prize Recipient and Top 10 Finalists will then be exhibited at United Nations Headquarters in NYC and globally on UN.org, beginning December 10, 2022 – UN Human Rights Day
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter
- All photography must relate to people being impacted by climate change, and/or people trying to reverse and/or mitigate climate change
- Must include photographer name, title, date, location as well as a description of each photograph submitted
- All images must have been taken between September 1, 2021, and September 1, 2022