Applications for the annual scholarship for Postgraduate Research Award at the Queensland University of Technology are now open for students starting in 2020. Apply for a research degree and a scholarship any time between now and 30 September 2019. You must register your interest in a scholarship when you apply for your course. Further, by completing the ‘Scholarship application’ section of the research degree application form. Indicate on your application that you want to be considered for a scholarship as part of their annual scholarship round. You must apply by 30 September.
- A living allowance for three years, indexed annually ($27,596 in 2019).
- The scholarship is for full-time students and can be to support living costs.
- International students may also receive a research degree tuition fee sponsorship.
- Applicant must meet the admission criteria for a PhD, which include:
- A completed Australian Bachelor first class or second class Division A honors degree1 or equivalent. OR: A completed overseas qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor Degree1:
- With a duration of normally no less than 4 years AND•an overall GPA comparable to 5.0 on a 7-point scale (where pass = 4).
- Containing a significant and major thesis, dissertation, design project or creative work that has been examined by at least two examiners OR has a grade comparable to 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- A completed Australian Masters by Research Degree or overseas qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Masters Degree (by Research)4:
- Similarly, a completed Australian Masters by Coursework or Professional Doctorate or overseas qualification comparable to the educational level of an Australian Masters by Coursework or Professional Doctorate1:
- With greater than 25% research AND
- An overall GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- Applicant must apply for and be into a PhD or professional doctorate.
- Likewise, this scholarship is not available for masters students.
- QUT Postgraduate Research Award Scholarships are not Australian Government funded scholarships.
- Applicants and any dependents are not exempt from visa application fees under this scholarship.