Applications are now open for the San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition. The San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF) invites *design professionals, artists, also students* from all over the world to produce a commemorative poster design that will represent the history and legacy of the SDLFF. San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF) invites you also all other visionary designers to be a part of our history by submitting your project to consider. Further, The commemorative poster design shall celebrate our core values and our passion for the Latino culture. Your design will receive national also international exposure, including but not limited to: the cover of the Official SDLFF 2020 Program book, print ads, TV commercials, social media posts, ads, and web banners.
Opportunity Focus Areas
- Top Prize: $100,000 dollars and promotional exposure in ALL marketing festival related marketing materials.
- Also, 10 Finalists – 2 tickets to the 27th Anniversary San Diego Latino Film Festival & promotional exposure.
- This is an international competition, open to designers of all professional levels.
- The submission need to be: Computer graphics, as well as paintings, may be to compose the design.
- Format: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 150 DPI (RGB), 4 MB.
- Likewise, If you make it past the preliminary round of entries, you’re also required to submit your artwork in Digital
- Format, 11” wide x17” high at 300 DPI (CMYK).
- A brief description of the artwork, artist’s name & nationality are required
- Further, Design must state: 26th San Diego Latino Film Festival.
- The design must include the festival dates: March 14-24, 2019.
- Only original artwork will be accept. Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted.
- A panel of distinguished judges (composed of artists, graphic designers, marketing professionals and art educators) will select the winning poster according to the following criteria:
- Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture.
- Clarity and originality of message.
- Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences.
- Also, Versatility for application on various mediums (web banners, postcards, etc).
- Design (type, color, composition, craft).