(January 2025 Intake) Singapore International Graduate Award (Singe)
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
PhD training is carried out in English at a student’s chosen lab at A*STAR research institutes and NTU/NUS/SUTD/SMU. Upon successful completion, students are conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights. SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
SINGA supports PhD studies in:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Computing and Information Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Physical Sciences.
“You may want to explore”
Award for Singapore International Graduate Award
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
Note: SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees.
Application deadline for the January 2025 intake is June 1, 2024.