The SSE Riga Finance Challenge is a brand new competition for high-school and university students. The competition is for students from all over the world. Further, Participants will get an opportunity to apply the knowledge in Economics and Finance in practice. As well as to win valuable prizes amounting to EUR 2000! The online preliminary rounds start on May 1, 2019, and last for 2 weeks, after which 15 best-performing teams are invited to the Grand Final to the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga.
Moreover, Participants are required to form teams of 3 people. Along with the name of a team (consisting both of letters and numbers, and each team member must register. However, during the whole game there will be 1 account per team). If you do not have enough team members, you will be randomly assigned to other participants with the same condition.
- The SSE Riga Finance Challenge provides an opportunity to win valuable prizes amounting to EUR 2000 and adds a notable entry in your CV for a fast-track career in finance.
- The final event takes place in Riga, Latvia, on May 25-26, 2019. 15 best performing teams will reach to the final, where they will compete in solving cases on Finance which will be evaluated by professional judges from the industry. The winning team gets a prize of EUR 1200, the second place gets EUR 500 and the third place gets EUR 300, as well as valuable prizes from our sponsors.
- All participants must be full-time undergraduate, master’s, Ph.D. or high-school students.
- Further, A participant can only apply as a part of a team of 3. Each team member should register separately under the same team name.
- By applying for the SSE Riga Finance Challenge the participant automatically agrees to receive newsletters from the organization and its supporters to the e-mail indicated during the registration.
- Participation in the Competition is free of charge; however, the participants should be aware that additional costs might incur in case of reaching the Final event, including accommodation fee and travel expenses.
- The official language of the competition is English.
- The competition includes two Preliminary Rounds and the Grand Final:
- Round 1 lasts from May 1 to May 8 for early registrations
- Round 2 lasts from May 9 to May 16 for late registrations
- The tasks for preliminary rounds will be available in the participant’s profile on their official link.