The Girls Impact the World Film Festival Competition 2020 in the USA is an annual event organized by Connecther. It is a film festival and scholarship program in which high school and undergraduate college students submit 3-6 minute short films that focus on a variety of global women’s issues, including maternal health, microfinance initiatives, child-marriage, sex-trafficking, poverty alleviation, etc.
Prizes of The Girls Impact the World Film Festival Competition 2020
- Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: $5000
- Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up and 2nd Runner Up: $2500 & $1000 respectively
- Gems’ Choice Grand Prize: $1000
- People’s Choice Winner: $2500 (depend on the total number of facebook likes + tweets – top 10 most popular decides the winner) *
- Most Innovative Film or Solution prize: $1000
- Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize – $2500
- HONEST BEAUTY Prize – $2500
- Global Impact Prize: $2,500
- Stand Up Men Prize: $2,500
- Girls in STEM Prize: $2,000
- Let Girls Learn Prize: $1,000
Who can apply for the Girls Impact the World Film Festival Competition 2020?
Students enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs are qualified to enter. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university. (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.) Filmmakers must be 25 years old or under by the submission date of January 20, 2020.
- Films must be 3 to 6 minutes long. They must focus on a Girls Impact the World topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic.
- Films must be created after January 1, 2019.
- Be an original film that does NOT contain copyrighted material.
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All Girls Impact the World Film Festival film submission must be original works entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input.
- Actors and film subjects may be non-students.
- However, powerpoints will not be valid.