Applications are now open for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020 where the winner can win a trip to London. Moreover, the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is the world’s oldest schools’ international writing competition, managed by The Royal Commonwealth Society since 1883. Similarly, every year, it offers all Commonwealth youth aged 18 and under the opportunity to express their hopes for the future, opinions of the present, and thoughts on the past, through the written word.
Further, the 2020 theme, ‘Climate Action in the Commonwealth’, encourages young writers from across the globe to explore the many facets of this critical issue, which will dramatically shape the future of the Commonwealth’s 1.6 billion citizens under the age of 30.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition aims to challenge young people’s thinking and the means by which they can express their views, using creative forms of writing such as essays, poems, stories or scripts. Further, since 2010, it has received nearly 100,000 entries, from hundreds of schools across almost every Commonwealth country. Likewise, entries are judged by 150 Pan-Commonwealth volunteers.
Topics for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020
- Senior Category: Born between 1 July 2002 and 30 June 2006 (14-18 years of age)
- Imagine you are President of one of the Commonwealth’s 31 Small States and you have been invited to give a speech on Climate Change to other Commonwealth leaders, what will you say
- There is no Planet B: How will Climate Change affect you and your community?
- ‘We will never stop fighting for this planet’ – Greta Thunberg. How can young people make change happen?
- The destruction of the Oceans everyone’s concern.
- Junior Category: Born on or after 1 July 2006 (under 14 years of age)
- Imagine you are Planet Earth, what would you say to Humans?
- A Blue Commonwealth: it is not too late to save our oceans. True or False?
- In 2019, students in more than 100 countries walked out of school to protest climate change. How can young people get their voices heard and make a difference?
- My planet, my place.
Benefits the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020
- All entrants receive a Certificate of Participation
- Similarly, One Winner and Runner-up from the Senior and Junior categories will win a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events.
- The QCEC is open to all citizens and residents of the Commonwealth Countries aged 18.
- Further, the applicants must meet the criteria for one of the two topics.
How to apply for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020?
All applicants need to apply online through the official website. Also, they need to fill and submit the online application on the website.