Join the Storytellers awards 2022 and tell about a great SSHRC-funded project happening at your post-secondary institution!
SSHRC’s Storytellers Challenge asks postsecondary students to show Canadians, in up to three minutes or 300 words, how social sciences and humanities research is affecting our lives, our world as well s our future for the better.
- The top 25 submissions receive $3,000.
- The top 25 finalists attend a special research communications workshop.
- Also, the final five winners will win an additional $1,000
- Announcement of the final five winners at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- In addition, the Sponsor may award one Engagement Prize to the Finalist who most creatively and consistently promotes their Submission, the Submissions of other Finalists and the Competition generally. The Engagement Prize will consist of a cash prize of $1,000
Competition period and entry
Contestants must complete the SSHRC Student Challenge Secure Upload and electronically submit their Phase 1 Submission by way of the SSHRC Storytellers Secure Upload by January 24, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. (eastern)
The top 25 contests must present a version of their Phase 1 Submission. Also, the top five submissions will have announcements in this phase.
- is a Canadian resident 19 years of age or older.
- In addition, one must be enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
How to Apply?
- Create a three-minute video/ audio clip/ 300-word text/ infographic.
- Submit original work featuring SSHRC-funded research carried out at the institution at which you are enrolled at the time of submission.
- Feature your research or a teacher’s. However, take consent from your teacher before using the research of your teacher.