Applications are now open for the Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2020 (TAAF2020). Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2020 (TAAF2020) calls for unique animation works with high potential and strong messages, both feature and short animation, from all over the world. Our aim is to screen high-quality animation works superior in originality, provide opportunities to inspire the audience as well as creators, cultivate new talents, and contribute in the development and promotion of animation cultures and industry.
- Grand Prize (both for Feature and Short, a cash award of 500,000 yen).
- Award of Excellence (both for Feature and Short, a cash award of 100,000 yen).
- Toshima City Award (for Short).
- A Special Prize and cash award that may be established by at the discretion of the Competition Jury or
- supporting organization (both for Feature and Short).
- Work must have been completed on, or after, 1 January 2018 (regardless of country of origin, and whether it is professional, amateur or student work).
- Work that has been theatrically released, broadcast, or distributed for profit in Japan for a certain period prior to March 12, 2020, is not eligible for the Competition (such work would qualify under the “Anime of the Year” category). Screening at film festivals and previews are not considered “for-profit” herein.
- Work that has been nominated to TAAF in the past will not be accepted.
- Once submissions have closed, the Preliminary Selection Committee will select the nominees for the final judging.
- Each applicant for short animation category shall upload his/her work for the Competition through the TAAF
- Application Form in MP4 format (audio Codec: AAC, video Codec: H.264). For further information about specifications, see 3.3 from here). As the format required for the final judging process is either Apple ProRes (1920 x 1080 pix.) , please make prior arrangements.
- Each applicant for feature animation category shall submit his/her work for the Competition using a Web streaming service. In addition, since the screening material required for the final judging of the Feature
- Animation Competition must either be Apple ProRes (1920 x 1080 pix.) or DCP, please make prior arrangements.
- Upload the English dialogue list together with the other required materials such as still images and director’s headshot.