Applications are now open for Transparency and Accountability Initiative Photo Grant 2020. The Transparency and Accountability Initiative invites both professional as well as amateur photographers to be a part of the Transparency and Accountability Initiative Photo Competition 2020.
Moreover, the competition seeks to promote conversation around transparency and accountability issues and provide a space for photographers and artists to help bring these concepts to life.
- The TAI awards a single prize with the help of a panel of judges that includes a professional photographer, a seasoned photojournalist, and an expert in Transparency, Accountability, and Participation (TAP) space.
- The winner will receive a work grant of US$8,000 to carry a photographic project.
Eligibility for Transparency and Accountability Initiative Photo Grant 2020
- Contestants must:
- be eighteen (18) years or over at the time of submission.
- be the author of the photos they submit
- likewise, may submit up to five photos [but not less than three photos] relating to the theme of the competition with a proposal detailing the Who, What, Where, When, and How of the photo essay.
- also, have to upload the original photo(s) in its original form. However, basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable only if any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Similarly, Photo(s) must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame(s), border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the contestant.
- Further, inappropriate photos and/or offensive contents, including fake photos and photos displaying nudity, violence and/or any other contents that may be contrary to the public morals traditions and practices are not acceptable. Those types of photos will be disqualified.
- Photo tags and submission must be in English.
Application Process for Transparency and Accountability Initiative Photo Grant
- All photos must be submitted using the entry form here
- Similarly, all photos submitted must be in a colored format and in JPEG or JPG format, with high quality and resolution, of a maximum of 3MB in size but not lower than 1MB.