The Uganda Press Photo Award (UPPA) invites all Ugandan photojournalists and photographers to participate in the 8th annual photography competition. The winner will take home a professional camera, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, which will come with an EF 24-70mm lens, as well as the opportunity to showcase their work in our annual exhibition which features some of the best visual storytellers Uganda has to offer. Participants can submit their images (published or unpublished) to six varied categories: News, Daily Life, Environment, People, Sports & Urban.
Moreover, Over the past seven years, the UPPA has endeavored to not only celebrate Ugandan photojournalism but also to create a platform where Ugandan photographers can connect with other professionals, locally and internationally, as well as exchange and learn varied photography styles and perspectives through different programs.
- The winner will take home a professional camera, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, which will come with an EF 24-70mm lens, as well as the opportunity to showcase their work in an annual exhibition which features some of the best visual storytellers Uganda has to offer. Prizes will also be in all other categories.
The Ugandan Press Photo Award will accept published and unpublished photographs;
- The contest is to Ugandan citizens, 18 years of age or older;
- Each entrant can submit up to 3 single images for 3 different categories;
- Entry is free;
- In each category, the jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd photograph(s).
- Only photographs in digital form. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
- Further, Each photograph has to be as highest quality jpg, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. Also, The organizers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
- All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published) in the EXIF data/metadata.