University of Zurich Mobility Grant 2020 in Switzerland. In collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg and the Solidarity Fund for Foreign Students, the North-South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH) is awarding up to three grants per semester for mobility students from universities in the Global South. The grants over the study one or two semesters at UZH during the academic year 2020-21.
Professor of UZH must agree supervise and should have strong interest in working with the mobility student’s home university for award.
Candidates must satisfy the following criteria to be recipient of University of Zurich Mobility Grant 2020
- The supervisor during the grant period must be a professor at UZH.
- The mobility student must be enrolled as a Master’s degree student or PhD student at an accredited and state-approved university in one of the countries listed here during the planned stay at UZH.
- Age limit: for insurance reasons, only applications from students born in 1978 or younger can be taken into account.
- Collaboration between the institute of the supervising UZH professor and the mobility student’s home institution must already be established.
- Furthermore, research collaborations must comply with the Guide for Transboundary Research Partnerships set down by the Swiss Commission for Research with Developing Countries (KFPE).
- Supervising UZH professor’s interest in collaborating with the mobility student’s home university.
- Compatibility of the mobility student’s research project and/or study plan with the activities of the host institute.
- Potential for long-term collaboration and follow-up activities between the host and the home institution
Academic achievement of the mobility student. Similarly, motivation of the mobility student for applying for the grant and for choosing UZH.
- Furthermore, in case of applications of equal merit, the proposals from UZH host institutes that have not yet profited from this funding instrument shall be taken into account.
- The supervisor at your home institution and the supervisor at UZH agree that you will come to UZH for one or two semester as a mobility student. Together with your supervisors at UZH and your home institution, you specify the content of your project during that time. You have a letter of invitation outlining these details from the supervisor at UZH.
- Then fill in the application form on the Mobility Online Registration Platform.
- Following, you will receive a confirmation email with your login name and password for the application portal: https://mobility.int.uzh.ch/mobility.
There you can upload the application documents listed below.
- Furthermore, your application will be assessed by the International Relations Office and the Steering Committee of the North-South Cooperation.
Applications for the academic year 2020/21 are due on 31 January 2020. The decision on awarding the grants will be out by the end of March 2020.