The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) invites you to the 23rd session of its General Assembly in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation. The Assembly will be attended by delegates from more than 150 countries. Further, Joining them will be representatives from over 500 UNWTO Affiliate Members, including the public and private sectors, NGOs and academia. Come and join the most important global meeting of senior tourism officials and high-level representatives of the year.
Moreover, The 23rd session of the General Assembly will feature the 4th edition of the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition. Additionally, the importance of multimedia for tourism communications cannot be underestimated. This is especially true against the backdrop of ever-growing digitalization, changing viewer and user habits and the consolidation of mobile-first strategies.
The competition will feature two categories:
- “Outstanding Country Promotional Videos”, paying tribute to the importance of multimedia for marketing tourism destinations; and
- Further, “Exceptional Stories of Sustainable Tourism”, a new category, aimed to underscore tourism’s contribution to sustainable development, in line with UNWTO’s commitment to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and also, its 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The winners of the 4th edition of the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition will be announced during the 23rd session of the General Assembly.
To qualify to participate in the competition the candidates are to;
Videos published between January 1, 2018, and July 31, 2019, maybe considered for the Competition.
- Member States are to submit videos for both categories. Further, affiliate Members are to submit videos for the new “Exceptional Stories of Sustainable Tourism” category.
- Further, Member States are to submit videos for both categories, thereby contributing to further positioning tourism as a key sector for the economy, business opportunities, jobs, and also, overall sustainable development.
- Also, affiliate Members are to submit videos for the new “Exceptional Stories of Sustainable Tourism” category.
- Technical information:
- Full HD (1920×1080)
- Codec: H264 (MP4)
- Also, file size minimum of 128 MB
- Min. 1 minute to maximum 5 minutes
- Sending method:
- Use WeTransfer or similar platform
- Also, address to the email address given below.
- File Name for the Member States:
- 1st Category: UNWTO_VC1_CountryName
- 2nd Category: UNWTO_VC2_CountryName
- File Name for Affiliate Members: