The Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are annual cash prizes totaling $200,000 that recognize the excellence of individuals in their work to end extreme poverty.
The Waislitz Foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world.
- This 2022 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards feature three awards totaling $200,000.
- $100,000: Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize)
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
- In addition to the cash prizes, the three winners will be profiled in editorial pieces that will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media.
- Entrants aged eighteen (18) years of age or older
- can be from anywhere in the world a
- applicants must apply for the awards themselves and cannot be nominated by someone else.
- have demonstrated impact towards ending extreme poverty over a minimum of 1-2 years.
- Your application must be in English
- Global Citizenship: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- Proof of Concept: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- Disruption: Has the applicant created a measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- Scalability: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- Adaptability: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?