Entries for the Weather Photographer of the Year 2022 are now open!
The judges are particularly keen to see photos that show the impact of climate change and document what is happening on a personal level. They will look for images that combine photographic skill with meteorological observation and storytelling.
- Title of ‘Weather Photographer of the Year 2022’ and international media coverage
- £500 cash for the winner, £250 for 2nd place, and £100 for 3rd place
- Canon SELPHY CP1300 printer and media pack for the title winner
- Weather – A Force of Nature: Spectacular images from Weather Photographer of the Year
- Smart Photos Jo Bradford (signed copy) for public vote winner
- 1 year’s free membership of the Royal Meteorological Society
- The competition is open to professional and amateur photographers of any nationality but is subject to the laws
of England and Wales.
- Entrants from outside the UK must adhere to local laws.
- Also, the Weather Photographer of the Year competition will be suspending photographers living in Russia or Belarus from submitting entries into this year’s competition, as well as any photographs taken in those countries.
- The Young Weather Photographer of the Year category is only open to photographers under the age of 18
years on 28 June 2022.
- Om addition, entrants under the age of 18 at the closing date of the competition must have the permission of a parent,
guardian or appropriate adult to enter the competition.
- Employees or agents of the Royal Meteorological Society, AccuWeather, The Week Junior Science +
Nature, or Zealous, their families, or other persons connected with this promotion (excluding the sponsors)
are not eligible to enter.
- Moreover, members of the Royal Meteorological Society are eligible to enter the competition.
- Entries open – Tuesday 26 April – Tuesday 28 June
- Meet the Experts webinar – Thursday 28 April, 7-8 pm (BST)
- Judging period – 29 June – 22 July
- Shortlist for Main and Mobile Phone categories announced – Thursday 25 August
- Public voting period – 25 August – 21 September
- All winners announced – Thursday 6 October
How to enter
- Entries must have been taken between 28 June 2017 and 28 June 2022.
- You can enter up to 5 images per category (Weather Photographer of the Year, Young Weather Photographer of the Year, and Weather Photographer of the Year – Mobile Phone category).
- Please submit the highest resolution photo available and provide the details requested on the entry form to tell more about you and your photograph.
- Please also ensure you read the full Terms and Conditions on the link below before you enter.
- entries by email or post are ineligible.
- The same image can be entered into more than one opportunity if the eligibility criteria for those opportunities are met.
- Categories you select as part of your entry, e.g. ‘mist and fog’, ‘rain’, and ‘snow’ are just to aid judges and will not be judged separately. You can only select one category, so please choose the option that best describes the weather in your photo.