New Cities calls applications for the Wellbeing Cities Award for Innovative Initiatives 2020. Interested candidates can apply until 5th February 2020.
- The Wellbeing Cities Award recognizes those initiatives by offering a powerful global platform to tell their story and inspire others.
- Additionally, following a two-round application process, laureates will be announced at the annual Wellbeing Cities Forum on June 16-17, in Montréal, QC.
- There they will meet a global network of leaders committed to urban wellbeing.
The organizers will accept the applications in the following categories:
- Integrating nature and biodiversity
- as well as planning for better urban health
- Building a vibrant urban economy
- Supporting cohesive communities
- Also, prioritizing wellbeing
The candidates will receive the following advantages from the Wellbeing Cities Award for Innovative Initiatives.
- They will join a strong global network dedicated to urban wellbeing.
- Also, they will connect with representatives from more than 100 participating cities in 30 countries and 5 continents online and during the annual Forum.
- Additionally, the candidates can share best practices with like-minded professionals.
- Moreover, the Award and Forum aim to put on a global stage the most innovative solutions for urban wellbeing. This allows policy-makers, planners, and leaders from around the world to share best practices and learn from one another.
- Similarly, the applicants can spread the word about their initiative.
- Furthermore, applying to the Award provides an opportunity to obtain feedback and reflect on the success of their initiatives for wellbeing.
The applicants must meet the following requirements
- They must be representatives of a city or of a regional or national authority that coordinates and works with cities in a given territory
- Also, they must describe an initiative or strategy that has been implemented in a city and that aims to improve the wellbeing of its residents
- In addition to that, they must submit applications on behalf of a single city.
- Furthermore, the application must be approved by a senior staff member or elected official who has the authority to enroll the city in the Wellbeing Cities Award.
About New Cities
NewCities is a global nonprofit that commits to shaping a better urban future, headquartered in Canada.
They have a decade’s experience curating and producing innovative content about the most important emerging urban trends. Additionally, they do this through their events,knowledge-sharing platforms, and actionable research.
For additional details, visit the official website.