Women for Zero Hunger Program 2024( €10,000 Award)
The Women for Zero Hunger Program was created by Stop Hunger and Women In Africa believe in the potential and determination of women to lift the most vulnerable communities out of hunger – together they created the Women for Zero Hunger program, in order to support associations fighting against hunger and food insecurity in Africa.
Launched in 2016, WIA Philanthropy is the first international platform dedicated to the economic development and support of African women entrepreneurs. At WIA Philanthropy, we are convinced that Pan-African women contribute greatly, through their actions, to the change and impact they bring to the continent’s progress.
Check: 10th Jalón Ángel International Photography Award 2024
Stop Hunger acts locally and sustainably for a hunger free world. Created 25 years ago by Sodexo employees, Stop Hunger is a global non-profit network mobilized to eliminate food insecurity by leadership activities going beyond food aid, with a priority: empowering women.
Benefits for Women for Zero Hunger Program
- Each of the 3 non-profit organizations will receive €10,000. At the end of the mentoring period, one of the three finalist associations will be chosen by the jury members on the basis of pre-established criteria and will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger evening in Paris to receive the Stop Hunger trophy. This will give the winning association extra visibility as a crowdfunding operation during the event.
- The 3 selected associations will take part in a 6-month-personalised-mentoring program run by Stop Hunger and WIA Philanthropy. This mentorship will not only help refine their skills and strategies but also strengthen their resilience and ability to overcome specific challenges they may face.
You should check out: Unveiling Talent: Drawing of the Year Awards 2024 (over $127,000 USD worth of prizes)
- The program is accessible to nonprofit organizations with at least 3 years of experience
- The association must be African or active in an African country
- The association must work in at least one African Anglophone and/or Francophone country.
Selection Criteria of Women for Zero Hunger Program
- Number of beneficiaries supported by the association
- Quality of the “solution”
- Scalability of the “solution”
- Beneficiaries: the solution must primarily benefit women or girls.