Apply for the “World Tales” Short Story Competition by UNESCO and Idries Shah Foundation. The deadline for the application is 15th October 2020.
With the aim to foster imagination, resourcefulness, and ingenuity, UNESCO and The Idries Shah Foundation (ISF) launch the World Tales Short Story Competition in close collaboration with the International Coalition of Inclusive and Sustainable Cities of UNESCO (ICCAR). Furthermore, young teenagers from all over the globe are invited to write about the challenges of today and tomorrow in the format of a short story and share their perspectives.
- Three Laureates — Gold, Silver, and Bronze — will be selected from each of the seven national and regional Coalitions forming ICCAR. All 21 names will be announced in December 2020.
- Additionally, each of these Gold winning laureates will be awarded an iPad.
- Also, the Idries Shah Foundation will publish the work of the 21 laureates in a special edition hardcover book. It will feature all winning short stories and honorable mentions and will be made available in ePub format.
- Likewise, all winning laureates will receive a copy of the book and a personalized certificate.
- Similarly, schools and cities of the 21 laureates will receive copies of the book and a set of ISF children’s books for their public libraries.
- Participants must be between 12 and 18 years old (inclusive).
- Also, the Competition is open to all regardless of their nationality or city of residence.
- The short stories will be evaluated primarily on their degree of creativity and imagination.
- Additionally, participants will benefit from particular leniency for potential grammatical and linguistic mistakes.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.