Call for African Economic Conference (AEC) 2021. The conference is the joint effort of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA). It will be held in Cabo Verde, as well as virtually, from 2 to 4 December 2021.
The theme of this year’s conference is: Financing Africa’s post Covid-19 Development.
Three sub-themes are particularly considered
- Domestic public and private resource mobilization in the age of the digital revolution – considering the taxation system in Africa in different dimensions (tax base, fiscal space, efficiency, natural resource management, the informal sector, digitalization, the African Continental Free Trade Area), the national financial sector (regulation, efficiency, innovative financial tools, capital market, PPP), monetary policy, and the mobilization of natural resource revenue.
- Leveraging international private and public financial system for Africa’s development – considering debt distress, the international financial architecture and tools (FDI, Special Drawing Rights, ODA, remittances, green financing, sovereign risk, etc.) and the extension of international capital markets to financing Africa’s development.
- Towards resilient recovery and sustainable development with a renewed financing model – considering the possibilities to build a more resilient development through social protection, the inclusion of the informal sector in the financing framework of Africa’s development.
- Authors will be requested to indicate whether they require support to cover expenses (travel, accommodation, and daily subsistence allowance) associated with their participation at the conference.
- Only one author per paper accepted for presentation will be eligible for sponsorship. Support is reserved mainly for presenters and young researchers from Africa.
Candidates for this African Economic Conference must have the following criteria
- Young African researchers can especially be encouraged to submit their articles.
- Policy-oriented papers that are linked to the overall theme of the conference are of particular interest.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here