Athens Photo World 2020 invites a call for International Photojournalism Award. With the donation of Stavros Niarchos Foundation, Athens Photo World organizes the annual Yannis Behrakis International Photojournalism Award for professional photojournalists. At its inaugural event, Athens Photo World will award a 15,000 € cash prize to a completed project of reportage or documentary photography, created within the last 3 years.
Athens Photo World (APW) aims at promoting the work of photographers and photojournalists, familiarizing the public with contemporary photojournalism and highlighting photojournalism’s contribution to recording history as it is written, in an effort to encourage photojournalists from around the world and support their commitment to their work and vision.
APW will award a 5,000€ cash prize to ongoing or complete photojournalism or documentary photography project, created between January 2018 and July 2020. The winning project will be presented at next year’s APW festival with an individual exhibition of the photographer.
The submission of
- Biography with up to 1500 characters
- First name
- Last name
- CV with up to 2000 characters (or PDF file)
- Country of residence
- 1 to 99 projects per submission
- 1 to 12 images per project
- File type must be JPG
- At least 3000px on the long edge
Terms and Conditions
- Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- Participants must be professional photographers.
- The photographic project to be submitted for evaluation must have been carried out between January 2017 and December 2019.
- The photographic project submitted for evaluation should be classified as a ‘reportage’ or ‘documentary’.
- Files are to be sent at 1500pixels on the large side, with captions, written in English, in the file info field.
- The photographs must not have been subject to alterations or any kind of digital manipulation other than cropping and basic exposure, contrast, and luminance correction.
- The finalists selected for the last round of judging will be required to produce the RAW image files as delivered by the camera.
- The nominated winner will be required to produce the uploaded images with the original file size (unless cropped) in 300 dpi.
- The winner will be required to produce evidence (identity or documents) of professional engagement.
- Participants must guarantee that they are the authors and copyright owners of the submitted photos.
- The participants give the organizers of Athens Photo World the right to use one of their photographs for the promotion of the competition (website, media, and social media) both during the current event and in future ones.
- The photos submitted to the contest remain the intellectual property of their creators.
- Athens Photo World will take all applicable measures to ensure that the photographs submitted to the contest are not to be used for any purpose other than the purposes of promotion by the organization itself and its affiliates.