The British Council invites applicants from around the world to participate in a fully-funded Future News conference in London. With English as the official language, the program runs for two days in London.
The Council suggests the candidates who are passionate about journalism, can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as they meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 the candidates must meet the following requirements
- The candidates must be of ages 18-25 on 1 July 2020
- Also, they must be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course at a university
- Along with that, the applicants should be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent
- They must not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- Additionally, the candidates must have a career in journalism, in any form
- Furthermore, they should be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 – 16 July 2020.
If shortlisted for the program, the candidates must provide evidence for the mentioned requirements.
The application form includes two types of questions that test the journalistic skills of the candidates.
Before starting the application for the British Council News Conference, candidates must have the following documents
- Professional reference from their editor, manager, teacher or past employer
- Also, an English language qualification certificate (if available).
Advantages of attending the program
- Globally known editors, writers, reporters will coach the promising candidates. The applicants can learn how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and publish them in exceptional ways.
- Also, successful candidates will not have to pay the travel and accommodation expenses.
- Along with that, the applicants can develop a wide range of journalism and leadership skills as well as practical and editorial knowledge.
- Additionally, the delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
For more details, follow the official link.