Congress’19 is the most eagerly anticipated industry event of the year. As the home of smart content, Congress’19 is a dynamic community. It provides a platform for sessions that surprise, speakers who make you think, and fresh insights into future trends and technology. Further, it’s a place to reconnect with colleagues, meet new business partners, let loose at memorable social events, and learn from the best and brightest producers, storytellers and decision-makers in the world.
Furthermore, the World Congress of Science & Factual Producers also provides the Emerging Producers Bursary Program for Congress’19. It offers the up-and-coming producers and content creators working in science, history, and non-fiction media a range of financial support for accreditation, travel, and accommodation. Moreover, the Bursary Program aims to welcome and represent diverse emerging talent and encourage a new generation of Congress members. Producers and content creators working in all science, as well as non-fiction media, are encouraged to apply including those working in digital media, social media and gaming.
Fully Funded Congress’19: Smart Content Matters
Qualified applicants will receive one of the following tiers of support for Congress ’19 in Tokyo, Japan.
Full Bursary (Tier 1)
- Full registration for the Congress ’19 in Tokyo, Japan
- Travel and accommodation
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with decision-makers
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience
- Tailored assistance as well as advice to successfully navigate WCSFP
- Also, discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021
Producers from emerging markets and digital media producers/content creators will receive the priority for the fully funded Congress’19 bursary.
Partial Bursary (Tier 2 – no travel support)
- Full registration for the 2019 Congress in Tokyo, Japan;
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary;
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience;
- Tailored assistance as well as advice to successfully navigate WCSFP.
- Also, discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021.
Who is eligible for the Congress’19: Smart Content Matters Bursary?
Applicants are eligible for the Congress’19: Smart Content Matters Brusary whose profile aligns with the following characteristics:
- Applicants must be first-time WCSFP attendees
- Any producer or content creator under the age of 35 may apply for the bursary. Exceptions will be made for producers and content creators who have undergone a career change. Please self-identify in your application
- For Tier 1 bursaries, two priorities have been identified:
- Digital Media Producers/Content Creators
- Applicants from outside the WCSFP’s traditional attendance base
- The Emerging Producer Bursary Program welcomes underrepresented voices as well as encourages applications from across all cultural and geographic backgrounds
- Applicants must demonstrate experience working in the science, history or factual genres in one of the following roles: executive producer, producer, associate producer, assistant producer, or digital, gaming or social media content creator
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate that their careers are at a stage to benefit from attendance at a large international event
How to apply for the Congress’19: Smart Content Matters Bursary?
Participants can apply for the Congress’19 Emerging Producers Bursary by completing and submitting the online application form. Moreover, the candidates will also require to submit the following documentation along with the application:
- A one-page application statement detailing the applicant’s involvement in science, history or non-fiction media, including a description of his/her most recent project as well as his/her goals for attending Congress.
- CV and a short bio that outlines the applicant’s experience as a producer.
- A letter of support from a broadcaster or senior producer. In lieu of a letter of support, digital media content creators may submit a letter detailing their audience reach, including information on how they interact with their audiences as well as numbers indicating their audience and social media reach.
- Links to the applicant’s previous work. Please indicate your role on the supporting footage.
The deadline to apply for the Congress’19: Smart Content Matters Emerging Bursary is on 30 August 2019.