Applications are now open for the Fully Funded CSAE Conference 2020, UK. They are delight to announce that in 2020, the Centre for the Study of African Economies will hold its first-ever conference dedicate to China–Africa economic engagement. Empirical papers on the broad theme of China’s economic, development and political economy relationships with the African continent are welcome. Suitable topics include, but are not limited to: aid, trade, foreign direct investment, industrialization, public debt, Belt and Road Initiative, environmental sustainability, governance, and institutions. Alongside a keynote address and plenary panels, there will be parallel sessions where academics will present their empirical research. For these sessions, we will be looking for contributions on the broad theme of China’s economic also development relationships with Africa.
Moreover, convening panel: Meredith Crowley, Stefan Dercon, Lizzie Dipple, Markus Eberhardt, Pascal Jaupart, Benno Ndulu, Lina Song, and Adrian Wood.
Opportunity Focus Areas
- Foreign direct investment
- Public debt
- There is a limited budget to fund African also Chinese presenters who are currently living and working in Africa or China, and who will be travelling from there to the conference in Oxford. Further, If awarded, funding will cover flights, accommodation, and conference registration costs.
- To apply for funding, please indicate your request clearly in your submission email (see point 4 in the submission requirements).
- Papers that focus on China’s economic, development and political-economic relationship with the African continent.
- Likewise, Suitable sub-topics include, but are not limit to: aid, trade, foreign direct investment, industrialization, public debt, environmental sustainability, governance, and institutions.
- They require that the abstract be no longer than 500 words. Papers will be accept in PDF also Word document format.
- Further, Both papers and extend abstracts are accept, but priority will be to full drafts of papers.
Depending on interest, the CSAE may organise a pre-event in China. (Deadline 27 Sept, 2019 )