2024 (Fully Funded) The EU – West Africa Arts Fusion Residency & Expo
The EU – West Africa Arts Fusion Residency & Expo 2024 is designed to illuminate the world with the power of artistic fusion in the heart of West Africa, where numerous cultures merge.
This fascinating event gathers artists and creatives from Ghana, Togo, Benin, and EU Member States together to stimulate cross-continental collaboration and cultural interaction. The selected artists will embark on a residency project in Ghana (near Accra, on the coast) culminating in a closing event at the residence of the EU Ambassador in Ghana, H.E. Irchad Razaaly in Accra.
Check: 2024 International Leadership Programme – WYSE International
- For the EU nationals, eligible transportation costs will include the cost of return flight fare and visa from an EU Member State (excluding overseas territories, only travel costs from the European territory of the EU is eligible) or overland fare from Benin, Togo and Ghana;
- For the Ghanaian, Togolese and Beninoise artists, eligible transportation costs will be from either Benin, or Togo or Ghana to the place of the residency in Ghana and back.
- Artists will be provided GHC 800 per diem for each day of the 9-day programme, to sustain their basic needs and pay for meals.
- The organiser will provide access to some sewing machines, music recording equipment, paints, canvas, and textiles. However, it is highly recommended for the artists to try and bring materials, equipment, and accessories needed for their work.
Eligibility for The EU – West Africa Arts Fusion Residency & Expo
- Artists need to be of the following nationalities: Ghanaian, Togolese, Beninoise, national of one of the 27 EU Member States;
- In addition, nationals of Ghana, Togo and Benin should be able to prove they reside in one of these three countries: Ghana, Togo and Benin;
- Nationals of the EU Member States need to reside either in one of the 27 EU Member States, or in Ghana, Togo or Benin.
- There is no age limit, apart from lower age limit of 18 years old.
Also Check: 2024 Climate Creatives Challenge
Application for The EU – West Africa Arts Fusion Residency & Expo
- Artists can submit their applications through our official application form at where they’ll find the application questions and instructions on how to share their portfolios. Whether you’re a fashion designer, musician, or visual artist (street art, painting, collage, photography etc.), we’re eager to see your work.
- A panel of seasoned judges, drawn from the world of arts and culture, will meticulously assess the submissions in two stages: firstly as a desk work to pre-select the 12 artists to take part in the 9-day residency, secondly, during the closing event. They’ll be looking for a creative spark, a commitment to cross-cultural collaboration, expressing EU values of respect of human rights, gender equality, non-discrimination and free speech and a passion for promoting art.
- Four artists from each category (fashion, music, visual arts) will be chosen from Ghana, Togo, Benin, and European Member states, to take place in the Fusion residency.
It might be of interest to explore: 2024 Ocean Awareness Contest