UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019. The forum will be under the theme of ‘World Heritage Local Insights for Global Challenges’. Additionally, The Forum will highlight the key opportunities and challenges of heritage management. Further, It highlights in the twenty-first century, by drawing from the local contexts of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Baku and expanding them to a global level.
Moreover, Accompanied by local and international experts, presentations and round tables, the participants will gain in-depth knowledge. Also, They will learn the processes of the 1972 World Heritage Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Further, insights on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the New Urban Agenda.
Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage
in their regular activities, along with other young people
- In addition, Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective
- Also, Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Additionally, should be Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
Application and Selection Procedure
- All interested candidates who wish to apply for participation in the World Heritage Young
Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form.
- Up to 30 participants will be selected for the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019:
Moreover, One participant from each of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee
(Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Cuba,
Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Spain, Tunisia,
Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zimbabwe) also, up to 9 participants from other countries will be appointed.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 01 May 2019 at 23:59, Azerbaijan Time (CET+2).
Gender and geographical diversity will be looked upon while the selection process.
participants, along with the diversity of professional backgrounds and experience.