The first World Youth Conference on Kindness – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary The world is bringing together100 rigorously selected young leaders. Also, experts from around the world to expound what inspiration they could draw from Gandhi’s ideas to non-violently transform their societies towards sustainable peace.
Moreover, The first year of the Conference profoundly coincides with the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Further, This is significant as the pursuit of peace through the practice of truth, nonviolence, compassion, and kindness is Gandhi’s gift to the world.
The World Youth Congress on Kindness is part of the global #KindnessMatters campaign, which:
- Provides a platform to highlight the amazing and transformative acts of kindness done by young
people across the world. Also, celebrates young people who are changing the narrative: one story at a time
- Further, Creates a positive discourse around Kindness where every act of kindness matters, and shows how it
can make a difference in the achievement of SDGs.
- A limited number of applicants will receive travel sponsorship, with special preference given to applications
from developing countries.
- UNESCO MGIEP will provide roundtrip air tickets between the participants’
the nearest airport and New Delhi, India as well as accommodation and meals.
- Age: 18 to 35 years as on August 1, 2016
- Kindness story: a powerful kindness story on SDGs
- Area of expertise: working on SDGs, especially SDG 4.7, education, social and emotional learning, ESD,
GCED, peace education, non-violence, youth engagement, policy influence, peace, and also, conflict resolution
and related fields and be able to show evidence of achievements
- Demonstrate: the prior experience of participating in policy engagement, social action projects, innovative
education projects and campaigns, and interest in peacebuilding, nonviolence, and also, SDGs, either in
youth, community or workplace settings.
- Active: must be actively/currently involved in the ‘area of profession/expertise listed in bullet pt. 3
- Available: must be available for active and engaging online discussion starting June 10, 2019, and to do an
online course on SEL from July 10, 2019
- Influential: Highly influential and able to mobilize grassroots youth and also, community stakeholders in
hundreds for acts of kindness. Further, The selection to be part of the 100, and also, most importantly, the high level
panel speakers will be on the basis of how much an applicant has mobilized fellow youth in his or her
- Diversity: Geographic, gender, age, and also, sector diversity will be considered