Applications for Fully Funded YALI RLC-SA Education Change Makers Program 2020 are now open. The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders, hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa.
The Trevor Noah Foundation is a non-profit organization that equips underserved youth with the educational foundation and opportunity to become resilient future leaders of South Africa.
The Program implementation will be of two phases:
- Four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector and
- six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. Similarly, the program will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials.
- All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
- Young leaders, ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
Similarly, the program also encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
All the applicants apply online through the program’s official website. Click here to apply.