Applications for the Fully Funded Yenching Global Symposium 2020 in China are now open. The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China.
This year, the three-day event will take place in March 2020 and will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Sino-Sustainability: Reimagining Global Solutions. This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
- Yenching Academy offers ambitious graduate students and young professionals from around the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
- a diverse body of global scholars from leading universities;
- practitioners from a wide range of fields including art, history, culture, innovation, politics, and business;
- speakers from renowned universities, enterprises, and international organizations.
- The Symposium is a platform for connecting leaders on China, across generations and across disciplines. It will help connect you with inspiring, like-minded peers as well as leading experts who share your interest in China. These interactions will take place at Peking University, China’s top university.
- As a delegate, you will have the opportunity to share your experiences with innovation while collaborating with others to generate fruitful exchange and construct frameworks for action on China’s most challenging issues.
- Finally, Yenching Academy covers all expenses of your round-trip flight, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the Symposium. However, they do not cover the cost of your visa.
Yenching Academy welcome applications from anyone with strong leadership potential ready to participate in nuanced interdisciplinary discussions on questions surrounding China and global sustainability who meets the following criteria:
- Born after January 1, 1990
- Possesses, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in any field, at the time of application
- Similarly, is available for the entirety of the conference, March 27 – 29, 2020
- Also, Has not participated in a previous Yenching Global Symposium or Yenching Social Innovation Forum
- Is proficient in English
- Further, holds a valid passport which does not expire within 6 months from February 2020
- Likewise, bonus: Has participated in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, or extracurricular
How to apply for Fully Funded Yenching Global Symposium 2020 in China?
All applicants apply through the official website. They will also need to fill and submit an online application form along with their CV/Resume.