The Young Politicians and Leaders Network (YPLN) is a global movement of young change agents dedicated to training its cohort to take up leadership roles to influence the future of Africa and the world in general. Further, YPLN is seeking Country Representatives to promote the goals and objectives of the Young African Leaders Summit 2019 in all countries in Africa.
Moreover, as a means of creating a cross-country idea-sharing and networking opportunity, a maiden two-day continental summit will be hosted in Accra, Ghana on November 2019 where participants would converge to discuss and formulate solutions to some of Africa’s pressing and emerging problems. Additionally, the Young African Leaders Summit (YALS 2019) will collate ideas from some of the continent’s most exceptional youth figures and aggregate them into relevant themes able to shape policy on the continent.
YPLN is seeking Country Representatives to promote the goals and objectives of YALS 2019 in all countries in Africa.
- Support and promote the Young African Leaders Summit at the country level to attract participants for the event
- Represent YALS 2019 at the highest levels in the designated country.
- Likewise, establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships and with organizers and stakeholders, including implementing and collaborating partners.
- Further, Ensure healthy and open communications with organizers Serve as leader of a delegation for country delegates for the summit.
- Be part of the Young Politician and Leaders Network as Associate Member
- Further, the opportunity to work and connect with professionals, relevant institutions and young people in your country, while widening your personal and professional network
- Certificate of recognition for the completed term of the representative role
This position requires an individual with strong leadership abilities; representational, communication skills, and the ability to develop networks to build partnerships and diversify program resources. Eligibilities include:
- Should be a resident citizen of the country applying for
- Further, demonstrated progressive experience working in collaboration with relevant country-based organizations and stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication, organizational, demonstrated supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- A track record of leadership or people management,
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams.
- Be willing to work on a volunteer basis (no remuneration available)
- Further, be between the age of 18 and 35 years
Be active on social media