Applications are now open for the ISAAC Conference 2020, Mexico. The theme for Isaac Conference 2020 is “Communication Beyond Borders / Comunicación Sin Fronteras”. The theme challenges the AAC community to think beyond local contexts and to embrace broader global practices. The conference strives to move the field toward more culturally and linguistically responsive approaches. Further, evidence-based practices and will support the launch of a Spanish Speaking Chapter of ISAAC. The conference will embrace and promote multiculturalism, multilingualism, equitable service provision. Also, the communication rights of all individuals locally and globally.
To that end, ISAAC Conference 2020 will:
- ensure that conference co-chair leadership is representative of the Spanish-speaking world, including professionals from México and ISAAC’s US Chapter USSAAC.
- Further, encourage PWUAAC, researchers, professionals, and manufacturers globally to take an active part in developing, expanding and refining our evidence base and ensuring a more rapid translation of research into practice and practice into research.
- keep developing best practices and quality services for individuals who use AAC by staying informed about practice innovations and advances and by collecting the evidence needed to support both traditional and new assessment and intervention approaches; and
- Likewise, foster partnerships and connections among and across communities, locally, nationally and internationally.
- The conference program will be a mix of Short Sessions, Posters, Interactive Seminars, Research Discussion Panels, Master Classes, and Hands-on Demos. We look forward to hearing how you can contribute to these goals by submitting a presentation.
Notification of Acceptance
- Applicants will be notified about the acceptance/rejection of their submission by February 28, 2020. Some authors may be a chance to resubmit their proposal in an alternative format.
- Presenters will be notified of the time, date, and final format of their presentation by April 30, 2020. Further, at the latest.
- A minimum of one author per presentation must be no later than May 15, 2020, otherwise, ISAAC reserves the right to remove that presentation from the ISAAC 2020 program. Authors accepted to the program are expected to register and be available to present at their allocated time in the program.
- Further, hanges to allocated times will not be considered. Conference registration pricing rates will be publicly in advance of acceptance notifications being sent.