Applications are welcome to apply for The Web Conference 2020, Taipei. The conference will take place in Taipei, Taiwan from April 20 to April 24, 2020. This year’s edition will pay special attention to the role of artificial intelligence in the understanding and development of the Web.
Moreover, The Web Conference is the premier conference focused on understanding the current state and the evolution of the Web through the lens of computer science, computational social science, economics, policy, and many other disciplines. Further, encourage submissions that describe in-depth studies to improve their understanding of the Web and its impact, introduce technical and socio-technical advances that enhance and expand Web platforms and technologies, and make strides in democratizing access to Web information and knowledge.
- Formatting and Author Identity
- Submissions must adhere to the ACM format published in the ACM guidelines, selecting the generic “sigconf”, the sample. Also, Submissions must be in PDF format.
- Originality and Concurrent Submissions
- Submissions must present original work.
- Likewise, Concurrent submissions are not allowed.
- Publication Policy
- The proceedings of The Web Conference are published online through the conference website (which will
- remain live in perpetuity) without a fee, as well as the ACM Digital Library.
- Further, upon the acceptance of a paper, no author change.
- Reviewers will be to declare a COI when the following associations exist:
- Employment at the same institution or company
- Candidate for employment at the same institution or company
- Received an honorarium or stipend from the institution or company within the past 12 months
- Also, Co-author on book or paper in the last 24 months
- Co-principal investigator on grant or research project in the last 24 months
- Actively working on one or more projects together
- Further, Family relationship
- Close personal relationship
- Graduate advisee/advisor relationship
- Deep personal animosity
- Submission Guidelines
- Further, Authors can submit two types of papers: short papers (up to 6 pages in length) and full papers (up to 10 pages in length), plus unlimited pages for references. Page limits include diagrams and appendices. Submissions
- should be format according to the formatting instructions in the General Guidelines.