Applications are now open for UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Program 2019. The WHV 2019 campaign provides empowering and enriching opportunities to young people and enables them to go beyond borders in some of the most outstanding places in the world. Moreover, volunteers will work together to preserve natural and cultural sites, as well as to raise awareness among local communities about their heritage.
Furthermore, The World Heritage Volunteers Initiative is led by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre (WHC) in collaboration with the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), the European Heritage Volunteers (as a branch of Open Houses) and Better World. For its twelfth year, 68 action camp projects will be implemented at 62 World Heritage properties and sites inscribed on the Tentative Lists, from June to December 2019, by 55 organizations in 36 countries.
Benefits of UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Program 2019
- To be a part of the esteemed WHV Project of UNESCO.
- Develop your Heritage Quotient.
- Meet Heritage Experts.
- International Certification.
- Work together with Global Participants.
- Similarly, build a network with the community.
- Also, explore Indian Culture, Heritage and Architecture
- All the participants must be 16-35 years old.
- Similarly, a participant has to be involved in the entire time frame of the program.
- Also, a participant must be enthusiastic to explore heritage conservation and promotion at the
World Heritage Site.
How to apply for UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Program 2019?
- All the applicants apply online through the official website.
- Similarly, the participation Fees (The Participation fees include – Accommodation, Meals and Local Travel during the entire program)
- INR 14000 for Indian Nationals
- USD 300 for Foreign Nationals