Applications are now open for the Youth Organisation Capacity Building School (YOCBS) Abuja, Nigeria.
The School is a periodic capacity building training program designed to improve. Also, strengthen institutional building, structure, and operations of youth-led organizations. Further, in order to become more professional, impactful and sustainable in their work of youth development and nation-building. Youngstars Foundation is inviting young persons running a youth NGO or interested in starting a youth NGO in Nigeria to register.
Moreover, The Youth Organisation Capacity Building School (YOCBS) aims to empower youth with the knowledge, skills, capacity and mentoring needed to set up organizations, develop basic administrative structure and procedure, write fundable proposals, develop and implement projects, also, leverage on technologies and social media for branding and sustainability. Further, At the end of the Yocbs session, we expect our participants to have a better understanding of the importance and value of technology and social media in the process of development deliveries.
Youngstars Foundation is an African youth NGO that is raising young people and building youth organizations to proactively improve leadership, democratic governance, and innovations in the continent.
YOCBS participants would learn:
- How to set up a high performing youth NGO: With the sole purpose of deepening our participant’s understanding of what a youth organization is, who should start a youth organization, why start a youth organization, also, stages of organizational development, what purpose it should serve, ingredients of high performing youth organizations and the motivation for starting one.
- Basic administrative structure and procedure: A Quick look at Governance, Legality also Documentation; Understanding Policies and Procedures; Benefits of Policies and Procedures; Basic Documents Required to Set up Basic Administrative Structure and Procedures; Organogram Design, Concepts also Setup, Regulatory Compliance needs.
- Writing winning proposals and cultivating long-lasting donor relations: The Concept, Purpose, Rationale, Objectives, Process, Implementation, Methodology also Activities involved in writing fundable proposals; Expected Results and Outcomes; Target Audience and Locality; Monitoring also Evaluation; Risk Analysis and Relevance to Donor; Time Frame and Budgeting.
- Project development and implementation: The Concept, Purpose, Rationale, Objectives, Process, Implementation, Methodology and Activities involved in project development and implementation; How to write, construct also structure a project, how to evaluate, manage and report various types of implemented projects. Project Framework and Development.
- Branding and sustainability, among others: Leveraging Technology and Social Media to Amplify Your Business, Benefits of Leveraging Technology and Social Media; Social Media Strategy and Communication Skills needed to engage your users and community members; Setting also Reaching your target audience; Social Media Marketing Strategies and Building your Customer Network.
- Open to young persons running a youth NGO or interested in starting a youth NGO
- Participants from across Nigeria can apply